Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Words

There are so many times in life when I feel as if I simply do not have the ability to form the appropriate sentences.  Like when a friend looses a family member, you want to know just what to say to make it all better.  The words jumble around in my head and as I try them out for how they may sound, they fall short of how I feel. James Earl Jones is quoted  “One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.” 

I admire and envy those people who always know just the right thing to say, or the perfect message to write in a card.  I was talking about this with my daughter, she said her thoughts and feelings were often not words at all but pictures.  She is an awesome photographer and has found an outlet for her expressions.  I have decided to attempt watercolor for my approach to this.  Maybe someday I will be brave enough to share some with you. Then again, maybe I won't LOL! 

I also came across another avenue.  Everyone everywhere seems to be creating subway art.  I shared my creation of subway art in this picture. I wish I had found http://www.wordle.net/ before I started the actual vinyl project.  I could have looked at different compositions. 

But give Wordle a try!  I played with it the other night, creating art for my Son's room.  I typed in his name and several descriptive words for him. You can change font, colors and layout.  Now they will not let you save the creation, but you can print it out.  Here is a screen shot of the one I did

Pretty cute huh? It is a cheap, fun and easy way to create art for someone, but also include words that maybe we do not say often enough.  Give it a try for Valentine's Day!

I hope you all have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. How often do you think about the words that you say or the words that you write?Words are more than characters written on paper,they are more than the color of black and white.Words are the written expression of your soul,and each word has it's own voice,and the words that you speak or write call out to the one that reads them.So what are words?They are the expression of the Universe,they are the history of the past,and they are the voice of today.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear what you have to say. Please leave me a comment. Thank you so very much! HUGS!!