Thursday, March 3, 2011

Romans 12:21

Romans 12:21...overcome evil with good.

How hard is that???  When someone talks bad about you, how do you overcome that evil with good?  When someone treats your child unfairly, how do you overcome evil with good?  Can it be possible for you overcome the evil with good?  It says to in the good book, so surely it is possible.  Easy? Probably not! But whatever we can not do, God can do.  Just say a prayer for that person, then say a prayer for yourself and leave the rest to Him. 

The concept of overcoming evil with good is so contrary to our nature.  We want to repay, we want revenge, we want justice!  Earlier in the same chapter of Romans 12:14, it says, "Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse."  So.. we bless and do good to those who are evil to us?  Yep!  What does that do?  First of all it makes us in line with God's word, but it also gives us peace.  Don't we all claim to want peace?  We can not create peace if we are overcoming evil with evil. Matthew 5:9. "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God."   Always remember that God takes care of his children.  Deuteronomy 32:35 says, "It is mine to avenge; I will repay. In due time their foot will slip; their day of disaster is near and their doom rushes upon them.”

Remember, always remember... I am not preaching to you.  I am preaching to ME!  I just hope that what helps me, may help someone else.


Now today, I want to share with you an Irish blessing. 












Here is an Irish blessing that I have always loved.  I wanted to make sure I used this one for St. Patrick's Day crafting. 

I began with a wooden plaque from Dollar Tree.  I removed the wire from the board and then spray painted it a light green.












I then used the well known blessing and created it and printed it out.  I placed carbon paper on my board and then my printed blessing and traced it onto the board.












Here is a look at it after it was traced onto the board.












After this it was a very simple matter of following the traced lines with a paint pen.  I decided I wanted some embellishments.  I put on some paper flowers and rub ons. Finally, I added back on the wire to hang it by and finished it was some green ribbon. 












I hope you like it!












May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


I am rocking the party at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear what you have to say. Please leave me a comment. Thank you so very much! HUGS!!